Another progression wall?

Forum Forums General Another progression wall?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Timothy Klopfenstein 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

T. A. Klopfenstein

Kudos on the latest version, Sir Joe! Things are going pretty well, with a few noted exceptions to be found over in the Bug Reports section…

But back to the matter at hand:

There seems to be a progression wall at around level 400 (area 400).

I remember back when there was one back at (+/-) level 100, and then you added more deckhands to fix that–and then there seemed to be one at (+/-) level 300–before we could upgrade the deckhands past 1009, and then you fixed that too…

But now, I think I’ve found another.

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be really close to impossible to get very far past level 400. The deckhands’ upgrades’ value (in terms of damage), far out-prices the earnings possible at this level–even with a pretty huge Golden Spirit payout, and even with 50% discounts on upgrades…

So, I’m not sure what the answer might be this time: Could we get another boost or two for our deckhands? Maybe a boost that unlocks at level 1500–or the like? Or maybe we revive the Fish Wrangler (formerly known as AMOC)–which has been for all intents and purposes impotent since about level 140! Or should we add some more deckhands?

Shoot–I’m not the expert here. All I know, is that I’m hittin’ the wall! 😉

Anyways…

Tight lines and nets, everyone!

___tklop
    tklop

#498859 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

Aw, crap-biscuits…

Forgot my User ID!

That’s 10640

I know, some may wonder why I shouldn’t just prestige, and go around again?

Well, a couple things: First, I’ve long wanted to know just about how much prestige is really possible to be made in a single go-around. It appears I may be about reaching that limit. Why that is interesting to me, is this: Once I’ve bought all the Powers’ upgrades I can afford with one go-around, it’ll begin to be quite a grind.

Imagine having to go all the way up through say at least 300+ levels, knowing you’re going to have to do it all over again–maybe two or even three more times–before you’ll have enough Mana to afford any upgrades, or new powers… I don’t know, but I think I’d begin to get bored with it.

Unless there’s a way to dramatically increase Mana payout, we’ve got to be able to continue to reach higher levels–or this game will eventually become a boring endless grind without much payoff.

Now, I realize I’m still a long way from getting to that point, but it still seems like getting there (unless something about the game changes), is eventually going to be inevitable.

And I would really, really REALLY, hate to see that happen!

So, thus–my topic…

Anyways…

Tight lines, everybody!

___tklop (User ID 10640)

#498860 Reply

Adam Westbury

Tim. I only get to level 380 then prestiege.
    I have prestieged 37 times now. One of the powers you get yo buy with mana is a mana boost. But yes b level 400 seems like a long way.

I agree with your boost idea at say 1500.

Adam #8

#498861 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

I know about the Mana boost power–I’ve got it, thank goodness (and leveled up to 100% boost for now).

However, it’s about level 378 before you see 1 Mana per level (unboosted), and I’m topping out at about 425 Mana now (pre-boost).

Even with my 100% Mana Boost (thanks to the power), I’m still going to need two Prestiges to buy my next Power, and though there’s a lot of stuff to level up still, I can tell it’s just a matter of time, before all my upgrades will cost multiple Prestiges.

Like everything in this game, the Mana prices rise exponentially, but the payout does not. The Power boosts Mana, but not exponentially. It’s awful nice, but also gets awful expensive to level much past 100% boost.

Assuming that about 400 Mana (unboosted) is about all that can be reasonably expected per Prestige, it’s not hard to see how when all the upgrades cost 900 to 1000 or more Mana, that this game will become quite a grind.

But I already said that…

Yeah–give us another boost, another way to keep grinding up!

Oh, and BTW–what about those Achievements? When using my skills, I’m into the LL’s in damage now… Where’s my achievement? And talk about Gold–whoa! I want some more Achievements! You can’t give us God-like powers, and then limit our achievements to such a degree! 😉

Anyways…

Tight lines, everybody!

___Tklop (user 10640)

#498862 Reply

Adam Westbury

Tim

I hear you. I have 13 powers and my next one is 2800 mana. I am at L24 mana boost = 120%. Next level is 404 mana. At my current rate of ~750 mana per prestiege it will take 4 to gain next power if i dont spend any…….which i struggle with.
    It would be nice to know what the max levels are on each one.
    I guess the higher we go the harder Capt Joe is maaking it for us so he has time to build added features and work on FW and dare i say it family time.
    A leader board would be nice.
    I do enjoy the game though.

Adam #8

#498863 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

I hear you too, Adam!

Nice job making progress, by the way! I’m not sure how many Prestiges I’d have done, if I’d never started over (which I did a couple times).

I don’t mind in the least that Sir Joe his myriad of other responsibilities–shoot, I’m a long-time Fish Wrangler player myself! And I also would never deny his right to have fun, pleasure, family time, and just time to goof off, or stare into nothing sometimes.

And since things are working pretty well, I’m not in a huge rush for the next release either (lest heaven forbid something goes wrong).

But I do think Captain Joe is going to have to address this eventually. Faster players (like you, Adam), may get frustrated if the game turns into a long hard grind. I’m sure Joe will find a way–he’s been pretty consistent with fixing these “roadblocks” up to this point, no reason to assume he’d not go after this one too!

Anyways…

Tight lines, Adam–and Joe–and the rest of us Mad Clickin’ Wranglers…

___tklop

#498867 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

I’m still at level (area) 405.

Even with my 50% upgrades discount, I’ve managed to buy up all the MM upgrades.

My Deckhand Level bonus is now up to 27 (a personal record).

My Hero RPS is 76.4KK, and my Tap Damage is at 1.55KK.

If I activate all my powers, and use a bit of extra time, I may be able to get past the boss, here at level 405, but I seriously doubt I’d be able to make the full 5 levels progress to make it to the next Final Boss (my only chance to keep climbing).

I’m pretty sure I’d need to grind it out here, until I got up to at least 200KK+ Hero RPS, if I wanted to get to level 410. That would take a very long time to do, at my current earnings rate, so I don’t think I’ll go there. Maybe another level or two, then prestige–but I don’t think I’m going to make level 410 (maybe with some more Powers upgrades, but even after the upgrades, I doubt it’ll be possible to make levels 415 or even 420.

In other words, there’s definitely a progression wall here, and I’ve hit it!

Tight lines, everybody!

___tklop

#498870 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

Made 410, farmed the boss, then got bumped back to 408…

I’ll keep at it a bit longer–but yeah… Those bump-backs are messin’ with my Prestige!

Pushing against that wall with all my might! 😀

Anyways,

Tight lines, everybody!

___tklop (user ID 10640)

#498873 Reply

Adam Westbury

Tim

I prestiege at level 350 to 380. Depending on day of week. On weekends i grond it to 380. I find at this stage it better to get it than drag it out.

But yes. More boosts would help.

Adam #8

#498874 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

After wrestling it back up to 411, I went ahead and Prestiged.

Got lots of tasty Mana for my trouble (896 after my Mana boost)–but yeah, it adds up much faster, in terms of hours-per-Mana-earned, if one Prestiges at a lower level.

Still, it’s fun to see just how far I can push, and I’ll probably try it again this time ’round!

Anyways…

Tight lines, and true spears, everybody!

___tklop (UID 10640)

#498925 Reply

Timothy Klopfenstein

Update:

I’ve done a lot of upgrading, and have now finally struggled my way up to level 440.

The display during Golden Spirit is very choppy now–even after the mandatory reboot cycle.

Now–about that: At these high levels, if I reboot–it takes a very long time to get to the coin-farming.

After rebooting, I first have to beat the 4/5 fish, next I have to click Fight Boss, and then wait for the timer to run out. After that, I have to fight another 4/5 fish–then I can finally click Fisht Boss–and be able to use my full Golden Spirit power.

The problem here–is that all that takes SO LONG at this level, that the game is already getting buggy, and the memory problems are already getting nasty–in the amount of time it takes to go from Fresh Reboot to Boss Farming.

So–we have a problem here–and this may ultimately be the reason for the progression wall.

Now–there is also some interesting news to report:

While even Knight of Night is turning into a boat-anchor at this point, the Fish Wrangler (formerly known as AMOC) is gaining ground again. So, although it’ll take many, many Golden Spirit farming attempts, I think some small amount of progression might still be possible. Maybe 445–but I’m not ready for an attempt quite yet.

I’ll let you know, if I can make it much further.

So–more to follow. But it does look like the progression wall is going to be a problem again.

Tight lines and true spears, Wranglers!

Clickety Click!

Tklop (user 10640)

#498926 Reply

Timothy Klopfenstein

Yeah, bad news:

First, there’s no additional boost if you level your deckhands above level 2000 (or 2001, or 2002) like there had been back at level 1001.

There’s also no boost for the Fish Wrangler above level 2000.

The game is almost impossible to enjoy at level 465 (where I’m currently at) and the gold just isn’t adding up fast enough to make further progression possible…

This is it: The progression wall.

If Captain Joe won’t toss us a bone (give us more Fisherman Upgrades or the like), this’ll be it.

At this level, Prestige will get you 566 Mana (wihtout any boost from powers),

That’s pretty sad.

Anyways, just thought you guys might want to know–in case you were wondering what it’s like up at the top levels (there’s theoretically an achievement for reaching Level 500–but without changes to the game, nobody will ever reach it).

So–that’s it then.

Tight lines, and true spears Wranglers!

Click it like you stole it!

___Tklop (user ID 10640)

#498927 Reply

Timothy Klopfenstein

So, I forced it up to 466, then I Prestiged, took the Mana (+200% boosted) and bought a new power: Ring of Life

Seems to be increasing my gold payout, so maybe I can work my way up a little farther still…

In any case, I won’t despair.

But I may Prestige a bit sooner for the next few go ’rounds, so I can level the new power op–and see what happens.

So, more to follow on that Progression Wall.

Maybe it’ll keep moving back five levels at a time, but I’m sure it won’t get to 500.

The Fish Wrangler–even one-handed–is more than doubling the RPS of the Fishermen. Since even Knight of Night is pretty much a boat-anchor at this point.

So, any further progress will be on the Fish Wrangler–and soon, I bet that “Bumped Back” issue is going to resurface–as the Deckhands further diminish in relevance…

There is a wall. Once the Fish Wrangler is dragging the Fishermans along to the point it’d take days and days for the Fishermans to even catch a single fish–then the Moved Back to level so-and-so thing will kick in again–and the wall will have been reached…

But since I haven’t made it that far yet, I don’t think it’s really fair to say just when that’ll happen… But I do get the feeling it’ll be before Level 500 (unless Joe changes something between now and then)…

Tight lines, all!

___tklop (User ID 10640)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Another progression wall?
Your information: