level goes up and then down

Forum Forums Bug Reports level goes up and then down

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tim Klopfenstein 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

T. A. Klopfenstein

I think this may have been solved with the latest update…

Either that, or the Mana I spent after that last Prestige boosted me just enough to eliminate that +/- 100-150 level bottleneck…

When I get back up to the 380’s, I’ll re-post if the “moved back to level xx” issue resurfaces…

Until then,

Tight lines, everybody!

___tklop

#498855 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

Trying to grind my way on up, and this problem has resurfaced.

I was at level 395 (have screenshot), but those memory issues were kicking in, so I opted for a game restart, and WHAM…

“Moved back to level 394”. Okay, it’s not THAT bad of a bump-back, but still… I guess that also makes me wonder why the game would even bother bumping me back–for only one level?!? But anyways…

I’m hoping, that this will be a one-time thing, and that I can level myself up enough to get over that “threshold”, by farming that level 395 boss a couple times before my next restart. If that’s the case, no big deal–right?

Of course I know progress is pretty slow at these levels. That’s part of the challenge!

I’m shooting to hit level 400 before my next prestige–That is, unless this issue just won’t let me get any further!

Anyways…

Tight lines, everybody!

___tklop

#498868 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

Worked my way up to area 410, and farmed the Final Boss there 2x, before my phone rang. After the phone call, Ocean Clicker restarted, and–WHAM–moved back to Level 408.

Ugh.

Can we PLEASE raise that bar a little higher? I sort of think that if I can REPEATEDLY FARM A BOSS, I shouldn’t have to be bumped back two levels.

Anyways, I’m still pretty stoked with 1.60 up to this point, in spite of this issue resurfacing.

Tight lines, everybody!

___tklop

#498869 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

Still can’t edit.

Still forgetting to include my UID.

My User ID is still 10640.

In stillness…

Tight lines, all!

—tklop

#498879 Reply

T. A. Klopfenstein

Okay.

This is still an issue, and it still stinks–but here’s what I was thinking:

Ideally, I’d just eliminate the bumping-back altogether–but if we’ve gotta keep it, let’s stop being cruel! At least make sure a bumped-back Wrangler lands back at the level he or she last defeated a Final Boss.

I’m not sure how the programming might go, but if progress “seems” too slow to the game, would there be some way to take a look at the user’s current level–and if it’s an even multiple of five (in other words, a “Final Boss” level), then absolutely do not bump that user back no matter what! Then, if that user was in-between, determine if he or she needs to be bumped all the way back to the previous “Final Boss” level and if not, do not bump that user back no matter what! However, if it does make sense to move that user back to the previous Final Boss he or she had defeated, then go ahead and bump him or her on back there.

The thing is, the “Final Boss” payout (for Golden Spirit) is pretty much the only one users can really utilize to buy advancements, or level things up. So, bumping a user back to any other level will just make ’em mad. Instead, Wranglers need to be able to either struggle up to the next Final Boss, or be bumped back to the previous Final Boss.

Anyways…

Tight lines and true spears, everybody!

___Tklop (user 10640)

#498880 Reply

Adam Westbury

+1 stop bump back or back to final boss.

Adam #8

#498885 Reply

admin
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll greatly increase this code that reverts you back.. I guess it’s because of all the powers being used that it’s faking out me system. 🙂

#498886 Reply

admin
    Keymaster

I think we lost our chance at getting boosted by google play.. not sure why I keep fixing stuff here.. Guess I find this game interesting still and don’t care about google play.. haha 🙂

We need to be visible on the US casual games list.. and that only happened once.. in last March 2016. 🙁
    https://www.appannie.com/apps/google-play/app/air.com.oceanclicker.air/rank-history/?vtype=day&countries=US&start_date=2016-02-20&end_date=2017-05-02&view=grossing&legends=22

#498887 Reply

admin
    Keymaster

So I’ve changed this calculation which was, by default, no powers, that if it takes more than 2 minutes to defeat a fish, you’ll get moved back.

Now the calculation is if it takes you more than an hour to defeat a fish, it’ll move you back..

Should only be used in those cases that we had where people progressed too far accidentally.

This will be in v1.71

#498897 Reply

Tim Klopfenstein

Thanks, Sir!

I’ll go for another crazy push, and see if I can get a little further!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: level goes up and then down
Your information: